Field Sales Representative – Benelux
Benelux (Netherlands & Belgium) – Competitive Salary + Sales Target Bonus + Benefits (including company profit share bonus, pension, permanent health and life assurance and travel insurance.)
The opportunity at SAGE
Are you a bright and talented individual with a thirst to develop a career in sales within the publishing sector? Then this could be the opportunity for you.
As a leading independent international publisher of journals, books, and digital media, SAGE works closely with our academic community to provide the best quality content and value to our customers. At SAGE we believe that education is intrinsically valuable and that engaged scholarship lies at the heart of any healthy society. SAGE has a unique position within the publishing sector in that we have a guaranteed independence that enables us to plan for the long-term and to invest in innovations that improve our ability to fulfil our vision of supporting education.
This mission influences who we are and what we do. In the fast changing world of digital content it is crucial that we evolve our sales and marketing function so that we can continue to adapt, grow and best meet the needs of our customers. As an expanding company, we are looking for talented people to grow with us and fulfil this mission.
What does this role offer you?
The opportunity to:
• To identify and contact all key lecturers in selected institutions in the UK, using a needs-based selling approach, to generate adoptions. This will involve face to face selling predominantly but could also involve some telephone selling. Consult with lecturers to develop an in-depth understanding of their teaching challenges and resource requirements, using your knowledge of SAGE print and digital products to suggest the most beneficial solution.
• To follow up with lecturers, ensuring that all potentially adopted titles are discussed in detail and that any objections are handled effectively.
• To create semester business and calling plans, post sales conference, that list those institutions that will be called providing adoption targets for Roadmap titles.
• To gather relevant information from lecturer discussions. Collate and feedback as required to the sales managers, editorial and marketing teams
To maintain and update the CRM system of both existing adoptions and new opportunities making sure that information is timely and accurate
• To achieve and exceed sales targets for the territory.
• Work with bookshop accounts to promote new titles and stock an appropriate range of SAGE product - maximizing sales for the bookshop and SAGE.
• To attend all sales meetings, training meetings, editorial and marketing meetings when required.